Breast Lift Mastopexy
You may be happy with the size of your breasts but the impact of ageing or the after-effects of pregnancy and childbirth may have left you with a saggy appearance. Having a breast lift will restore the perkiness and a more youthful natural look to your breasts without changing their size.
A mastopexy, or breast lift, is a more extensive surgical procedure than breast augmentation, which generally just involves having implants inserted. In some cases, a breast lift and a breast augmentation can be done together to accomplish the desired result. It is hard to believe that a simple act of placing a set of breast implants can enhance female appearance significantly!
Breast uplift surgery
A breast uplift operation takes 2-3 hours but the technique used, the incision pattern and the way the surgery is combined with other cosmetic breast procedures will depend on your individual case. Your consultant will explain exactly what will happen and will discuss in detail the final result that you want to obtain.
Various incision patterns are possible and the objective is to remove excess skin and then stitch the remaining tissue in place so that the breasts have a more youthful, pert appearance. The main incisions may be:
- Circular, following the outline of the areola around the nipple.
- Around the outside of the areola, where it meets the skin of the breast, and then vertically downwards towards the breast crease.
- For larger, more pendulous breasts further incisions may be made at the side of the breasts to remove excess skin and fatty tissue.
- Procedure time: 2-3 hours
- Recovery: You should be able to see the new shape of your breasts very soon after surgery but we recommend that you wear a supportive, professionally fitted bra without underwiring 24 hours a day for at least 2 weeks.After that, you should wear the bra at all times during the day for at least 6 weeks. Your final result will be apparent after 4-6 months.
- Costs: Depending on the size of the breasts and the lifting area.